Monday, November 24, 2008

about me

Loren sent me this forward last week asking me to answer a few questions about her. It was fun so I sent it to a few friends and family members. These were the responses, some of which I find quite amusing. I've decided to add my thoughts on some of the answers.

MOM
Where did we meet: At the Natchitoches Parish Hospital

Take a stab at my middle name: Anne
Do I smoke: NO, you'd better not! duh
Color of my eyes: I'll say hazel, but you'd say green Definitely green, Mom
Do I have any siblings: 2 sisters and 4 brothers
What's one of my favorite things to do: sleep, be with little kids, especially your nieces and nephews all correct!
What's my favorite type of music: Frank Sinatra and 50's, 60's guys like that I actually prefer the modern knock-offs like Michael Buble and Harry Connick, Jr., but yes, I like that type of music
Am I shy or outgoing: It depends who you are with
SO TRUE!
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: You like to think of yourself as a rebel, but thankfully you are pretty well-grounded when it comes to following the most important rules like the commandments. Once again, very true
Any special talents : I love to hear you play the piano. I also like the way you try to be sensitive to other people and their feelings. Aw, thanks!
How many children do I have: None of course, but how many do you want? I'm guessing 5 5 is about right
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring: Your pillows Amen! Good answer.

BECKY
Where did we meet: when you were born!
Take a stab at my middle name: Anne
Do I smoke: No, of course not!
Color of my eyes: green
Do I have any siblings: yep, six!
What's one of my favorite things to do: watch movies and talk to my sisters on the phone True, true
What's my favorite type of music: country or whatever is playing on the radio Wrong! I never listen to the radio anymore
Am I shy or outgoing: hmm...shy if you don't know people Correct!
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: both! A rebel sometimes, but you follow the rules that need to be followed! Correct!
Any special talents : great piano player, good with children and funny Thanks!
How many children do I have: none yet
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring: your laptop! Can't live without it!
So true but there had better be wireless on that island.

LOREN
Where did we meet: Weaver ELEM mmhmm.
Take a stab at my middle name: Anne
Do I smoke: Nope
Color of my eyes: Green
Do I have any siblings: Yep, 4 bros and 2 sisters
What's one of my favorite things to do: Shoot guns Haha, yes, a new favorite
What's my favorite type of music: jazz right now? But most likely country all the time. I do love jazz right now, but country is not a favorite!
Am I shy or outgoing: OUTGOING depends on who I'm with
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: rule follower Yeah, for the most part
Any special talents : Speaking in British accents and impersonating Oprah. (Laughs out loud) Loren and I have lots of inside jokes.
How many children do I have: Zip Zero Nada None

If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring: Robert Downey Jr. Oooh baby SO true!

MARY
Where did we meet: when Mom brought you home from the hospital
Take a stab at my middle name: Anne
Do I smoke: I'd kick your butt Haha I just got that!
Color of my eyes: smoky green
I'm not sure about the smoky part
Do I have any siblings: uh...yeah
What's one of my favorite things to do: watch movies
Now it sounds like I don't have a life
What's my favorite type of music: country WRONG!!!
Am I shy or outgoing: outgoing, very good at involving everyone, including those that are shy Once again, depends on who I'm with
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: totally a rebel, but in a good and funny way Hehe
Any special talents: writing in a very frank and entertaining style, including people in social situations, being a loyal and devoted friend. Thank ye!
How many children do I have: several are a twinkle in your eye right now...or do you just say that for men? Oh no mams I am for reals!
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring: a portable DVD player What about the DVDs? :p

ANNA
Where did we
meet: how am i supposed to remember. u met me first, i probably spit on u, haha Oh Anna, you slay me
Take a stab at my middle name: anne with an e, lol Right you are, missy!
Do I smoke: i hope things haven't changed that much...No No, they haven't changed that much
Color of my eyes: uh oh, blue! WRONG!! tisk tisk.
Do I have any siblings: just 6 of em
What's one of my favorite things to do: listen to music/soccer
I do love listening to music but soccer is not so much a favorite any more
What's my favorite type of music: now this one i'm not sure...country! WRONG!!!!
Am I shy or outgoing: too outgoing some might say! haha. love ya, but you can be shy... Oh come now.
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: you're a wanna be rebel, so yes rebel. I'll give you some points for this one.
Any special talents : kick butt goalie! great friend. ooh la la, pianist! I don't know about my goalie talents these days, but thanks anyways!
How many children do I have: pshhh, none
If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what is one thing that I would bring: emily your reversible doll...haha, naw kidding, but an ipod or mp3 playa!
Kudos for the Emily suggestion

So, all in all, y'all did a pretty good job - except for the whole favorite music part! I guess everyone thinks country is my favorite because I like countrified stuff, but no, it's definitely not my favorite type of music. I love all kinds of music so it's hard to put a finger on a favorite, but I do love 50s swing-type music and jazz (especially Duke, Dizzy, Miles, Brubeck, Ella, and of course Satchmo). Also Nickel Creek bluegrass type stuff and anything with killer piano and/or fiddle parts. And John Legend (r&b singer - bet ya didn't expect that one!) and definitely Johnny Cash (which isn't really country). And tons more I can't think of now.... To quote someone whose name I can't remember, "Music should make you want to sing, dance, or pray". Amen, brotha.

4 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

This was really fun to read!! Most everyone that replied seems to know you pretty well! I like your funny comments after our responses. :)

Erin said...

glad to know you better Sarah! Especially about the music. much better than country.

Mary Lampros said...

Mom, I think it's hilarious that you think everyone's eyes are hazel. What exactly does hazel mean, anyway? I thought it was a combination of green and brown, which none of us have! Maybe I'm wrong. I think Mom's eyes are green-blue (and clear, not those speckles that we must get from Dad), Becky's blue with a tint of green, Sarah's green with a tint of grey (that's what I meant by smokey), mine just dark blue with speckles, Nathan's a deep blue, and so on.

emblair said...

Funny that everyone thinks you like country. I can't stand country either! Your tastes are MUCH better...