Monday, March 9, 2009

meet peggy

So this past weekend Tim and I went home for a little birthday celebration in honor of him. We had a scavenger hunt in the yard and the neighborhood so that he could discover a special birthday surprise! Here's the tail end of it....


I love how he says, "There's a car there now." Silly Timbo, he had no clue. He thought he was getting a box of cookies or something.

Delicious goodness from Mom.

The PeggyMobile in all it's glory (I named her Peggy after the lady who sold it to us and after Gramma Wood because it's a mawmaw car).

Leather interior, baby!

Fortunately she doesn't look too 'mawmawish'. I'm just happy to have my own set of wheels now!

6 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

That is so cool! Wow, your very own car!!! AWESOME. I love how everyone surprised Tim for his birthday! That is so special! I don't think Peggy looks to "MawMaw!" She looks sweet to me! Congrats on having your very own set of wheels! (I guess that is one of the benefits of being the baby of the family!) Go Girl!

Nathan said...

Pretty sporty--with a spoiler and all! Good deal all around, and it's dang cute that Mom and Dad staged a scavenger hunt.

Sarah said...

the scavenger hunt was actually my idea....i'm such a great little sister!

davidwood said...

Excellent idea, Sarah. Thanks for memorializing this fun experience. It was truly enjoyable because Tim was totally surprised.

Mary Lampros said...

Sarah, I love how you orchestrated the scavenger hunt, and then somehow orchestrated the intended present to become your own! Sounds like something I'd do to Matthew! No, just kidding. I'm glad y'all both have your own cars now, and truth be told, you're probably the safer driver anyway...It was really fun to watch the video. I felt like I was right there with y'all. Made me miss you guys and Natchitoches.

larshannon said...

I had a great time watching that video. I loved seeing Tim's surprise and hearing your Mom tease. LOVED< LOVED, LOVED IT!

Congrats on the car...