Tuesday, December 7, 2010

on this day

In honor of Inception coming out on DVD today I'd like to share with you my favorite version of the preview, which has brought me many laughs over the past few months.

Other important things about today:

The 69th anniversary of Pearl Harbor and I haven't heard a thing about it on the news, which makes me sad. I wonder how long it will take people to forget about September 11th.

Elizabeth Edwards passed away today after a six-year fight with cancer. This makes me sad and happy at the same time. Although I never supported John Edwards it was exciting to see the Edwards family when they stopped in Natchitoches one August afternoon in 2004. John Edwards is someone whom I esteem about as much as the dirt on the bottom of my shoes but Elizabeth was a classy lady and kept her head held high. It's sad that her children are still so young but I'm sure she's happy to see her teenage son on the other side. These are some pictures I took of the pictures I took when the Edwards stopped by:With his $400 hairdo and wicked smile. Vomit.A classy lady and her double-chinned bodyguard.

In more cheerful news I helped Sister Woods decorate the mission home for Christmas today and I am hoping to finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5) tonight. Wingardium Leviosa!

7 comments:

Erin said...

we still need to see that movie. I noticed the absence of Pearl Harbor coverage as well. Surely we just missed it, right?

Becky Shuler said...

I'm wondering what is up with the news people! I did watch today, and didn't see anything about Pearl Harbor either! I think it is cool that you are re-reading all the HP books. I agree about Elizabeth Edwards, she is a classy lady whom I respect but her husband is slime. What a jerk to cheat on her while she was
battling cancer. Juliette and I finished with our Christmas decorations today! The house looks and feels so festive now!

grammawood said...

I also found it interesting that there was very little coverage abut Pearl Harbor although I did hear one clip about the 100 or so survivors that gathered there. I guess they are saving it all for the 70th anniversary, either that, or they were just too taken up with the tax breaks compromise. It looks like most Americans can't look to the past or the future; it's all about the present.
Speaking of present, did you get all of those missionary presents wrapped?

Mary Lampros said...

Thanks for keeping me abreast of what's going on out there, even if only on second-hand info. Gotta confess I didn't think about Pearl Harbor. Oops.

davidwood said...

I remember when you, Tim and I went out to I-49 to see Edwards. We waited forever and then he spent just a couple of minutes at our stop. It's nice that you got a shot of Elizabeth Edwards.

Mary Lampros said...

Okay, now I have to confess it's taken me a second visit to your blog to watch the trailer. HAAAAAA HAAAAAA haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
The guy perfectly mimics those bombastically blasting bass trombone notes that jarred me throughout the entire movie...a bass trombonist's absolute DREAM! Get it?

Heather Jacques Wood said...

Ha, ha--we LOVE Inception. Have you read Elizabeth Edwards's autobiography Resilience ? It's really a beautiful book about a lovely lady. I was so sad to hear of her passing, but, yes, I'll bet she was happy to be with her son again. I really feel for the young children she left behind.