Sunday, February 27, 2011

l'hotel shuler

So my life is kind of blah right now (hence the lack of blog posts as of late). Boys, being a grownup and the economy have really been getting on my nerves recently so I decided to take a little break from everything and head over to Heaven on Earth, also known as Liberty County, Florida. Since I have a cap on my hours at my job and I worked two weeks' worth of hours in one week, I basically had a week off to take this little jaunt. Fortunately there was room for me at Hotel Shuler, which had accommodations suited just for my needs - isolation from the world, a lovely guest bedroom with no street lamps to shine through my windows at night, a wonderful in-house chef, many opportunities to exercise, and plenty of entertainment, mostly in the form of adorable children as well as great movies. It was so refreshing to leave behind all of my worries and ignore most texts and phone calls and have some good clean fun. Here are my favorite pictures I snapped of the four cutest kiddos east of the Mississippi:




Okay seriously how could anyone feel down with a face like that around? Lukey is sooooo cute and he knows it! I got some other great pictures but for now I'm going to post some videos that made this trip so memorable.

This first one is for Lydia and all others who love horses such as myself:

Then there's the Lukey Shuffle - pretty much the cutest thing ever! I cannot get over this baby's cuteness!

I don't remember when, but one time when I was visiting I had the soundtrack of Oliver! stuck in my head and apparently I sang it aloud. Well Juliette remembered this and kept me laughing with her renditions (as did Jonathan, with his 6-year-old humor versions).

Primary songs from Miss Priss Juliette, while we all enjoyed some ice cream (especially Matthew, who by the looks of it didn't want to waste a drop). I got another video of Jules singing but it's taking forever to load so I'll try to post it later.

Well that's all for now, as it is approaching my new bedtime (thank you acclimation to Eastern Time Zone!). I will try to post some more pictures in the coming days.

7 comments:

Ben said...

Looks like a lot of fun--I'm so glad you got to get away for a week!

grammawood said...

We love the accommodations at Hotel Shuler too! The video of the Lukey Shuffle is adorable! And so are the rest of those Shuler grandkids.

davidwood said...

Thanks for sharing these adorable photos and videos. You must have a pretty hefty sim card in your camera.

Mary Lampros said...

Awwwww, and such a nice intro, too!

Erin said...

Such great pictures and videos. Thank you for sharing. They do take forever to upload but they are worth it. Luke dancing and waving bye bye are so cute. I hope you got good weather while you were there. I am jealous!

Becky Shuler said...

Thanks for posting the videos! The Lukey Shuffle is my favorite! I bet Grandpa Wood smiled when he saw Juliette's Duke shirt, eh? We had so much fun with Aunt Sarah! This week feels kinda blah since we aren't out walking together, picnicing, playing basketball, watching bonnet movies or staying up late at night to chat. We miss you Aunt Sarah and know that you are welcome any time at Hotel Shuler! We love you!!

larshannon said...

Looks like you really enjoyed the Hotel Shuler