Sunday, March 27, 2011

i love to see the temple




Our Family Home Evening committee leaders asked people to submit pictures of the Baton Rouge temple for a photo contest this month, and these are the four I entered. I love our little temple so much and hope to be sealed for time and all eternity to the man I love in this beautiful building (I WILL be married in the temple - no doubt about that - but it remains to be seen which one I will go to although as of now this one is my preference...it also remains to be seen which man I will marry as well...). They just added all of these beautiful flowers on the grounds in the past couple of weeks as the temple was closed for cleaning and I think the azaleas are a new addition. I love azaleas because they remind me of home and to see them in front of the temple (which is essentially the starting point of a home in our church) just makes me so happy. I look forward to watching General Conference this weekend at the stake center and spending the breaks between sessions outside in the shadow of the Lord's house. I'll leave you with a few more pictures that I took:




I love this tree by the stake center; it reminds of fractals and high school math.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Great pictures! I think the flowers one is my favorite. We are really excited that they put angel moroni on our temple this week!

Becky Shuler said...

Sarah these are fantastic!! My favorite is the top picture with the fench circle framing the Angel Moroni. Cool perspective! And I think you should win...so call me and let me know how that turns out. I also love azeleas and they remind me of home too.

davidwood said...

I can't help but think about the primary song "I Love to See the Temple." These are beautiful photos.
I'm looking forward to the time when our family joins with you and your sweetheart in a temple.

Becky Shuler said...

Dad, me too!! And Sarah, you'll be so lucky because ALL your siblings will be with you in the temple on your special day! Can't wait!

emblair said...

Love your first pic. Amatuer photographer in the making!

grammawood said...

Great shots, Sarah. I hope its not too long before I see the temple again and you too.