Monday, June 1, 2009

pardon my absence...

I know it's been awhile. From May 14th to the 26th I was in Utah, visiting Miss Mayry, and then as soon as I got home I had to start packing for my move today. Jiffy's ex-boyfriend came and took his router back so I have had no internet since Friday, and I've been busy packing anyways. Today Loren and I moved across town to our awesome possum little apartment and I am exhausted. Then I had to come to work at 6 pm, and tomorrow morning I start my new job at 7:45 am. I will work until 4 pm, then come back to my regular job for 5, work until probably midnight, and then do it all over again on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday mornings/afternoons I will finally have time to start unpacking but I have to work both of those nights as well. So it might be a bit before I am able to put up some pictures from my trip. Mary already put up most of them anyways (which I am perfectly fine with) so check out her blog if you can't wait.

I guess I could take a little bit of time to explain my situation. I have had a profile on this website called Sittercity.com for about two years but I'd never really bothered with it. Basically people looking for babysitters and people looking to be babysitters go on there and hope to find each other. I decided to update my information this past Wednesday, and whaddiya know, Thursday morning I get a call from Miss Kat, asking if we could meet. So Friday afternoon I headed over to her place and met her family and got the job. Normally I will be watching the kids 15-20 hours a week (in the daytime), which is perfect for me because I didn't really want an 8-5 job on top of my 5-12 job. This week, however, she is out of town so I have to watch the kids all day on Tuesday and Wednesday, and of course it's the one week a year that Camille, the other girl that works here downtown, is on vacation so I have to cover for her and work every night this week. I'm perfectly fine with that, because she worked a whole week for me while I was in Utah, and hey, when I get my paycheck I'm gonna be mighty happy. So I'm not in a bad mood about all of this, I'm just tired, but I'm sure everything will be just hunky dory.

I'm really excited to watch the kiddos tomorrow and the next day. Walker is almost 5, Faith is 2, and Talan is about 5 months old. Their dad is from Australia so half the time the older two are talking it's with that adorable accent. The other half of the time it's an American accent, but that's okay because that's still pretty cute (just not as much as the Australian). And a major bonus - they have a HUGE Great Dane named Texas. I LOVE Great Danes and he is the sweetest thing ever. So hopefully, it's going to be a fun summer!

4 comments:

Erin said...

You are going to be such a great babysitter. But so tired this week. Good luck!

grammawood said...

I hope you'll take some pictures of the kids. They sound cute.

Becky Shuler said...

Wow! I didn't even know about this new job! That sounds awesome! Hope it goes smoothly and have fun! I can't wait to see pics of your new place once you get all settled in.

Mary Lampros said...

Okay, now I see the Australia info. That's what happens when our blogs go backwards!