Saturday, July 31, 2010

back in nauvoo

After our little jaunt to Missouri we headed back to Nauvoo for a couple more fun-filled days. I think we all enjoyed the shade of the wagon ride.
Goose face!Jakey aka Spider-man!
Whose bright idea was it to put that water tower there?? I know the temple probably wasn't there at the time but still.
Me and Buster.
All the pretty horses.
Ignore the factories in the background.
Bubbles and her sweet shades.
The mighty Mississipp! Yes I know there's an 'i' on the end but don't they say that in a song from some Disney movie from the 50's? Davey Crockett maybe? Anyways that's just how I say it.
I love this river.
Sleeping Mimi.
I love cutting grass, but man mowing that hill with a push mower might take a while!
Okay seriously who would buy this? It is just creepy. "And a collection of Russian nesting dolls..." (Nacho voice).
Those pioneer women sure knew how to strike a pose! Audrey Hepburn meets Laura Ingalls?
Now that is one mess of tangly hair.
Mimi and the Goose playing/fighting on the stairs.
Lukey face!!
The infamous Goose stinkeye. Can't beat that ladies and gents.
I love this Goose face, too.
Jakey with his superpowers ring and a little critter.
Teaching Jakey the joy of Relief Society arms. I love Lucy's commentary (her glow-stick necklace had popped apart).

7 comments:

Erin said...

the playing/fighting is a perfect description of Lucy and Mimi. Hopefully one day they will be the best of buddies.

Nathan said...

Great post, Sarah! Love the Hepburn/Ingalls mix. BTW, the temple and the water tower are in the same spot for the same reason: it's the highest point in town. But yeah, the tower sure ruins the view.

Sarah said...

Well I guess that makes sense. They could at least put an invisibility cloak over the darn tower!

davidwood said...

More great shots of the kiddies and Nauvoo! Thanks for posting these Sarah.

grammawood said...

I can't believe I missed out on that shopping trip! The "pioneer" mannequins are a hoot! I'm glad I didn't see the nesting "dolls"; you know how I love them.

Mary Lampros said...

Somehow I missed that hideous pioneer-decked mannequin...and the nesting dolls. I love that we all saw those crazy things, like the girl mowing that huge field, the water tower, etc. but you were the one who got them on film! Good shot, Go-leader!

Becky Shuler said...

You are so funny! I didn't to see the "creepy pioneer fake people" or the nesting dolls. Maybe I'm glad I didn't. But your pictures sure made me laugh! I agree about the water tower - I bet it has ruined many wedding photos...! You are so funny! I'm so glad you finally updated your blog! I was getting tired of seeing your burnt shrimps every time I checked for something new!