Monday, August 11, 2008

favorite olympics commercials

Since I have been watching the Olympics nonstop, I've seen a lot of commercials - I mean A LOT. I've decided to share my favorites with y'all. The gold goes to NIKE, for an inspiring collection of images and videos set to the chorus of "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers. The silver goes to GE, featuring a VERY ATTRACTIVE discus thrower and what really happened to the Parthenon. And the bronze goes to VISA, for their multiple inspiring, unbiased commercials narrated by none other than Morgan Freeman that almost bring me to tears every time I see one (I've only posted three here but there are quite a few more - you can see them on youtube or at http://usa.visa.com/microsites/goworld/?ep=v_sym_goworld). On the other hand, I am SO tired of seeing all of the Coke, McDonald's, and Budweiser commercials, talking about how they are proud sponsors of the Olympic games and all of the athletes consume their products regularly. In what universe could a person who eats McDonald's and drinks Coke and Bud all the time ever be a real Olympian? Not this one. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

GOLD



SILVER



BRONZE







2 comments:

Erin said...

I've enjoyed all of your post on the Olympics. That swim relay was really exciting! I didn't see the medal ceremony so I loved that sullen shot of the French team. Though I did feel bad for them when they lost. That is my problem. I always feel bad for the losers even when they were talking smack. But I was very happy for USA!

The kids love the commercial with the firebreathing dragon that heats the pool. I totally agree that the MCDonalds ones are lame. As if they eat fried chicken and a biscuit for breakfeast.

Becky Shuler said...

Love the clips! I like those commercials too. Especially the last two about those who didn't give up. Wow. I've been checking your blog faithfully for the past few weeks and I'm glad you finally have some new stuff on it!!