Monday, August 11, 2008

way to go lezak!

Since Friday night, I've spent just about every waking moment watching the games. The best event that I've seen so far was the men's 4X100 free final in swimming. Alain Bernard, a swimmer from the French relay team, said before the games, "The Americans - we're going to smash them. That's what we came here to do." Now I love the French, but when it comes down to the Olympics and they're smacktalking on the States, I'm going to be cheering for my fellow Americans. Especially when we win by the closest margin ever in the Olympics (8/100 of a second) and smash the previous world record. Loren and I were jumping up and down and screaming when it came down to the last 50 m. Once again, our retarded commentators kept saying, "He's (Lezak - our final swimmer) not gonna make it, France is getting the gold" and other crap like that - are these guys even American?! Whatever, who cares, WE WON!!! The best part was seeing Michael Phelps' reaction and the sullen looks on those Frenchies as they played OUR national anthem at the medal ceremony. Priceless.

1 comment:

emblair said...

Hey Sarah...it will be fun to keep in touch through your blog! And this relay is most definitely my favorite Olympic moment as of yet this time around!