Wednesday, December 17, 2008

freedom

Sorry it's been so long - I'm finally finished with finals and now I can breathe again. I got my grades today and I must say I'm quite pleased with them. I got an A in Marksmanship, Cajun French, History of Jazz, and Western Civ since 1500, and my B's are on both ends of the spectrum - I barely missed an A in Animal Science and I barely missed a C in World War II. I will admit that I didn't try too hard in the former but I worked my butt off for the latter so I'm happy. I was able to continue my streak of straight A's in all of my core history and foreign language classes but I'll gladly take a B for my first 4000-level class (WWII). I really enjoyed all of my classes this past semester, but History of Jazz was by far my favorite, and possibly my most favorite ever. I learned so much and my teacher was great. I can think of times when class would start and I would have this mindset that I wasn't going to enjoy the lecture (like on Latin Jazz, for example), but Dr. Grimes is very good at what he does and I always left the class with a ditty stuck in my head and wanting for more. The last week of class he brought in some other jazz musicians to play for us and it was awesome. Loren and Jon and I are planning on going to one of his concerts this weekend downtown at a local jazz club so that should be fun.

I know I've promised to post a few things but tonight is not the night since I'm at work and can't upload my pictures onto this computer. I planned on doing it earlier when I was at home but Adam called me up to hang out and we watched 'Iron Man' - and you KNOW I wouldn't pass that up. So maybe tomorrow......but I'm not making any promises.

Sorry......I couldn't resist. :)

5 comments:

davidwood said...

I really enjoyed my Music Appreciation course as an undergrad at the U of U. I'm sure you will enjoy going to a concert or two.

Erin said...

That jazz course really does sound great! I would love it. Congratulations on doing so well in your classes. That is cool that you are such a good marksman. Do they not have the plus/minus system at LSU? They are just starting it at KU and Nathan is grateful.

emblair said...

History of Jazz sounds fascinating! And I would have watched Iron Man too...I can never pass up a good action flick. And that's a fun one!

Becky Shuler said...

I wish they had the plus/minus system too...a 90% A is quite different than a 99% or 100% A! Good job on your grades and I'm glad you've finally posted some new stuff!!! :) Hooray for Christmas break!!

grammawood said...

I think understand the relief you feel, finally being done with finals. We're proud of our good student and her good grades including your B's + and -.