Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 - the year of the best movies EVER

Mary called me excitedly the other night, with a prediction for my future - "Sometime in November or December, you will be at the movie theater watching Robert Downey, Jr. as Sherlock Holmes." You're darn right I will! I had already heard about the movie, and discovered that not only will Robert Downey, Jr. be starring but he will be joined by none other than the drop-dead gorgeous Jude Law as dear Watson! Two of the most good looking people on the planet in one movie, hitting theaters November 20th. Strangely enough, this is also the release date of New Moon, but I already know which one I'll be watching at midnight. I am a Twilight fan but RDJ and Jude stole my heart long before Edward Cullen came around!Okay, so my second most anticipated movie of this year is X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Hugh Jackman is another one of my favorites, especially after Australia (my favorite movie of this past year). Fortunately it looks like they've toned down Logan's hairdo a bit for this next flick.More movies coming out this year that I don't care as much about but will probably go see:
  • Star Trek - I've never seen a full episode of the show but Erica's dad practically raised her on it so we'll probably go see it
  • Night at the Museum: Battle at the Smithsonian
  • Land of the Lost - I am a little excited about this one - loved the show when I was little and Will Ferrell stars
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - definitely excited about this one but mad at the studios for postponing the release 8 months
  • G.I. Joe - so many childhood memories
  • Where the Wild Things Are - more childhood memories
  • New Moon - hopefully better than Twilight, but not likely
  • The Lovely Bones - one of my favorite books, and directed by one of my favorites - Peter Jackson

After reading over this post I've realized that yes, I am a nerd. Deal with it.

4 comments:

grammawood said...

I always thought a nerd was the studious type, I didn't know it had to do with knowing all sorts of trivia about upcoming movies and their stars.

Becky Shuler said...

Hey I learned some new things reading your post tonight. One thing that Joseph will be excited about is the Transformers movie. And I am also looking forward to Harry Potter and New Moon. The Sherlock movie looks awesome...can't wait to see it too! Thanks for keeping me informed. :)

Mary Lampros said...

Girl, puhleeeeeeze! As if Edward Cullen is even remotely in the same class as RDJ! No ma'am's, not even the same universe. I loved the first two pics, but can't say I liked the studious bang-weirdness on Mr. Downey in the third shot.

Stacy said...

You have the scoop on the upcoming movies. I never know what is out there and am thoroughly surprised when I can get something from Netflix. It is bad when you don't know about a movie until it is already out on DVD.
Edward Cullen, RDJ...nothing compares to David Hassellhoff! hahaha