Saturday, April 25, 2009

general conference

In between sessions on Sunday, April 5th we set up a little picnic for the YSAs outside the temple (which happens to be right next to our stake center....which happens to be a block from my apartment). The weather was lovely as we enjoyed our PB&honey sandwiches and chit-chatted.
These ladies are two of my favorite people in our ward: Sodjne Denou (pronounced So-ja-nay, she's from Togo, Africa) and Jazmin Carter. They are both always smiling and I honestly have never heard a mean thing come out of either one's mouth. I think that kid is one of Sodjne's little brothers.

4 comments:

grammawood said...

Great shot of the temple, Sarah! I'm glad you could listen to conference and then have lunch with such nice friends. Great habits to follow--always smiling and always speaking nicely of others.

Mary Lampros said...

Your friends are beautiful. Hey, I guess I'm nothing special to live a block away from a temple: you live in Louisiana and can claim almost the same thing.

Becky Shuler said...

I was thinking the same thing as Mary - that IS pretty amazing to live a block from the temple and be in the SOUTH!!! I'm so jealous! Love the pic of the temple and your friends - all are beautiful!

Becky Shuler said...

I was thinking the same thing as Mary - that IS pretty amazing to live a block from the temple and be in the SOUTH!!! I'm so jealous! Love the pic of the temple and your friends - all are beautiful!