Saturday, April 25, 2009

spring formal

On April 3rd we had our annual YSA Spring Formal. This year they pulled out all the stops and we had it at an old plantation here in Baton Rouge, Magnolia Mound (a large improvement over the stake center). Anthony, a guy from my ward, asked me to the dance a MONTH in advance.....grimace. I finally told him I would go with him if he wore a suit. And was he ever wearing a suit when I picked him (and his cousin) up! We arrived a few minutes late and strolled in like a human OREO. I laughed at the sight of everyone's incredulous looks. The dance was fun, except that Anthony would not leave my side so I didn't get to dance with everyone else. We left early and watched a movie with Adam and Erica. I didn't want him to try anything funny so I wrapped myself in a huge blanket like a cocoon - problem solved! All in all it was a fun night but I finally had to tell Anthony last week that we were never gonna be more than friends....another grimace.

PS - is it just me or do I look a lot like Aunt Janet?





4 comments:

grammawood said...

I've always thought you looked and acted a lot like Aunt Janet--you know, the baby girl!

Mary Lampros said...

Hey, I recog-o-nize that purty dress! It looks better on you than it ever did on me. I hadn't thought about the Janet thing before, but I can see it a little bit. I love these pictures of you.

Becky Shuler said...

I agree, these are wonderful pictures of you! You look so beautiful! And your date's suit is pretty sweet! Looks like you had fun! You are so nice but glad he's not texting you all the time anymore!!! And you look like Aunt Janet a little, but mostly you just look like YOU! So glad you finally put some new posts up! I check yours all the time and glad to read/see something new!!! :) Oh yeah, and thank goodness we finally had a funny episode of The Office to watch last Thursday!!

emblair said...

You look beautiful! And that is one kickin' suit...