Friday, February 5, 2010

a little something I forgot to mention...

So there was a small bit of information I didn't mention in my previous post that is also kind of important...so 'member that guy I told you about? Well his name is Sam and Sunday is his birthday. His nineteenth birthday. I turned twenty-two on January 12th. So yes, that makes me a cougar. *MEOOOOWWWWW* And do you know what also happened on January 12th? Sam left for the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. And he'll be spending the next two years in Los Angeles, California, speaking Spanish and spreading the Gospel. I'm surviving. It's kinda fun and romantically old-fashioned to keep in touch through letters. I'm definitely learning lots about the little virtue called patience.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Cute pictures! Will you get to email eventually or is that just for family? I guess it depends on the mission.

Mary Lampros said...

Do you look gorgeous or what?!!? In both pictures! I'm not familiar with this "cougar" phrase, but I can figure it out within context. So he was in the MTC before he actually turned 19? Wow.

Becky Shuler said...

Aww...that is so sweet! And we are so proud that you've got such a great guy! He's a keeper for sure! And I agree with Mary, you are gorgeous! I think writing letters the old fashioned way is awesome.

Sarah said...

(A cougar is an older woman who's with a younger guy - like Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, for example)

grammawood said...

Love the pictures, Sarah.

larshannon said...

Sarah, Sam is cute.

Ben said...

Very fun post. I'm disappointed to learn that the cougar thing has nothing to do with you going to BYU (just joking). What the heck is that tin man thing next to you two in the airport?! If only that sculptor "had a brain...!"