Monday, February 15, 2010

valentine's day

Despite being separated from my honey for Valentine's Day, my weekend wasn't half bad. On Saturday I got not one but TWO cards from Sambo which made me giggle and grin. Plus he gave me an early gift before he left in January (seen below - a rose for each year and one to grow on). He done good. In the evening Loren and I went out to eat and then we went to see 'Dear John'. I thought I would cry buckets because the movie is about a couple who keeps in touch via letters while the guy is off in Iraq but when the credits started rolling both Loren and I wanted to throw something at the screen. Darn you Nicholas Sparks! Reel us in with 'A Walk to Remember' and 'The Notebook' and then churn out this crap. At least the main guy was nice to look at. Sunday morning I was asked to meet with the bishop before church, and much to my shock and excitement I was asked to be the new ____ - any guesses? After church Loren and Jon made dinner and then I made brownies and we enjoyed some hot chocolately goodness with a little bit of ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup while watching the Winter Olympics (I generally do not watch TV on Sunday but sometimes you have to make a judgment call in situations like this - seem anti-social and lock myself in my room or hang out with the best friends in the world while the TV happens to be on). Click on the picture for an up-close look at epic goodness. So all in all, not bad for a Valentine's Day. Here's a quick pic of all of the cards Loren and I got over the weekend:

7 comments:

Erin said...

looks like a fantastic Valentines, especially that brownie sundae!!

Mary Lampros said...

Wow, that's a lot of loot for two girlies! Now, did you have to go and make me need to make brownies tonight like that? hee hee. Glad you made them, if you know what I mean. ;)

Ben said...

Fantastic boodle. And sounds like a happy V-day, even with your Elder far away.

larshannon said...

Dang I really really want a brownie and ice cream, but it is only 10:45 am and I'd have to share with 4 kids.

davidwood said...

Good going, Sarah. Mom surprised me with brownies when I came home from YM last night.

grammawood said...

Yeah, you know those brownies made everyone's mouth water! Thanks for the movie review; I guess Dad and I will skip "Dear John". How did the chicken and dumplings turn out?

Becky Shuler said...

Looks like you had a very nice Valentine's Day indeed. I'm impressed by all the cards! Glad your Elder was good to you! :)