Sunday, February 14, 2010

snow day!!

On Friday morning I woke up to this:It was beautiful! Tennis at 8:30 was my only class so I thought about skipping to play in the snow but then I realized that since Loren was out of town I wouldn't have anyone to play with. So I drove (instead of my usual biking) over to the courts and my teacher just took roll and gave us bonus points for showing up. I came home and took a few more pictures and then snuggled up on the sofa reading my scrips while occasionally glancing up to watch the snow falling. It turned to rain an hour or so later and all of the snow was washed away but it sure was pretty while it lasted. I saw online that on Friday there was snow in 49 states, which has never happened before. Thanks a lot for holding out on us, Hawaii!

5 comments:

grammawood said...

I like your snow pictures. Too bad about Hawaii!

Becky Shuler said...

AWESOME! We didn't get to "wake up to snow," we had to drive to see it! But that is okay! We had a blast and it was so much fun. Juliette keeps saying, "SNOW! My favorite!"

Mary Lampros said...

Aw, preeeeeetty.

Ben said...

Doesn't Mona Kea have snow on it year-round?! Maybe that doesn't count.... Anyway, hooray for snow in Baton Rouge--what fun!

Sarah said...

Ben, in the article I read about it they said that there wasn't any snow on the Hawaiian mountains at the time. :/ Oh well!