Wednesday, February 24, 2010

swoon-worthy

So one of my recent favorite movies would have to be 'North and South' (the bonnet movie, not the one about the Civil War). I'm pretty sure most of the ladies in the family have seen it; I watched it about a month ago with some friends who share my affinity for bonnet movies. It is very long and kind of sad for the most part but the last 5 minutes make it all worth it! Fortunately I found those last 5 minutes on youtube, so I decided to post it here so I can find it easily and watch it any time I want! *Caution* - you may want to be seated while viewing, as swoon-worthiness level is off the charts! Please don't faint and hurt yourselves!


12 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

Oh goody! I love the ending, but I love the whole movie too! Thanks for sharing!! North and South is one of my new favorites. It ranks on up there with Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion. :)

Becky Shuler said...

Okay I just watched it and despite Juliette saying, "That's a choo choo train!" I was transfixed. What an amazing love story!

grammawood said...

Thanks, but I forgot who is Henry?

Sarah said...

I think he proposed to Margaret at the beginning but she wasn't interested and then later on he was helping her with her finances or something like that.

Mary Lampros said...

I was literally giggling in anticipation for this last scene when I watched it a second time. One of the best movies ever!

Becky Shuler said...

I agree, it is one of the best movies, EVER! Thank you Sarah for posting it, so I can watch it whenever I feel so inclined...:)

Sarah said...

"Coming home with me?" UM HECK YES!!!

Erin said...

I just put it on reserve at the library. I didn't watch the clip because I don't want to spoil it!

Becky Shuler said...

Erin, after you get the movie and watch it, call me and we can rave about it!! :) Happy Viewing!

Heather Jacques Wood said...

Ha, ha! I love bonnet movies too. I'm not going to watch the clip because (like Erin), I want to watch it from the beginning. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

We finally finished it last night. SO GOOD!

Azie Kay Spikes said...

So I am not as strong as the others. I watched the ending and I can't wait to see the rest! You are right! Good thing I was sitting down!