Monday, October 6, 2008

home sweet home

When we walked in the door Mom and Dad were making pancakes for supper - yum (breakfast for dinner was always quite common in our household)! Of course I always insist that I make a few of my own - gooshies, as I like to call them - because I don't let them cook all the way so they're still raw in the middle (and, no, they have never made me sick!). I did make a few normal ones including this tiger pancake for Matthew:The next morning Becky treated us to Shipley's donuts and kolaches (more yummy breakfast foods - can you tell breakfast is my favorite meal of the day?). I think Jonathan got a hold of the camera and took some pictures of us:
And then Joseph took a picture of me in my pj's, which I stayed in until about 4 pm:
Here is Momma and the watermelon that she grew in the garden! Now that is pretty impressive:
When at home, it's inevitable to escape helping out (I'm lovin that BRIGHT orange, Jofuf!):

5 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

I took a few of those pictures, but yes, it appears that Jonathan took the ones that are from the "below the waist angle!" So cute! Yeah, and Joseph's Mom would die if she knew Joseph was wearing orange...!

Erin said...

When I have been in my pajamas for more than half the day I just never know if it is worth actually getting dressed...

Sarah said...

i wouldn't have gotten dressed but becky roped me into going to wal-marks with her so i had to look a little bit presentable in case i saw someone i knew(i only changed my shorts anyways).

davidwood said...

Mom's watermellon looks more like an ugly duckling pear on steroids. I guess it tasted pretty good, though. I gave the rest of it to the DeFords after Mom and Dan left.

grammawood said...

The watermelon was sweet and delicious. Grampa you will never know how much you miss unless you taste it!