Friday, October 10, 2008

spaced out

Enough with the bathroom humor. I took an astronomy class my freshman year (which I loved!) and my teacher told us about this website called 'Astronomy Picture of the Day'. I found a gadget that let me put it on my blog so everyone can check it out. If you hadn't noticed, it's below my 'About Me' section. If you click on the picture it shows you a much larger version and tells you a little background info. I found this picture the other day that shows what Earth looks like at night:


I also found this supercool site that has all of the pictures that the Hubble Space Telescope has taken. All of the pictures are nothing short of amazing. I don't understand how anyone could not believe in a higher power after seeing these. Anywho, check them out at http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery.html and let me know which one is your favorite.

5 comments:

Heather Jacques Wood said...

Amazing! My favorites are the pictures of the nebulas and the magellanic clouds.

Erin said...

It is interesting to see all the light pollution in the urban areas. Those shots from the Hubble are just beautiful.

grammawood said...

What a fabulous website! Thanks for sharing it. The photos are absolutely beautiful and totally amazing. Some of them remind me of the marble rocks that Ben brought back from Madagascar.

Mary Lampros said...

My favorite is the Supernova Remnant, the one that looks like a thin, red, silky scarf. Are those colors for real? Beyond amazing.

Sarah said...

the supernova remnant looks more like a big piece of bacon to me. mmmm.