Wednesday, July 23, 2008

bewitched

Once again I've discovered another movie soundtrack that just wows me. While at Becky's this past weekend, she and I watched the newest version of "Pride and Prejudice". I saw it shortly after it came out, but for some reason I enjoyed it much more this time. The movie is spectacular and Mr. Darcy is downright delectable. I have two favorite parts - when Liz arrives at Mr. Darcy's place and laughs when she sees what she gave up in denying his proposal the first time, and when they're out in the rain and Darcy says, "You have bewitched me, body and soul", or something of that nature. Sweet heavens! I think this is a movie I could watch over and over again and never get tired of it. Anywho, the soundtrack is beautiful, especially the piano pieces. I would love to be able to play those on the piano, but there are two problems - I don't have a piano, and the only sheet music I can find is simplified. I want to play the real deal! By no means am I implying that I am too good for simplified music, because I'm definitely a little rusty on the ivories, but it's just not the same as playing the actual original piece. Some of the other pieces with fiddles and such reminded me of the soundtrack from "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World", another spectacular movie. I think I'll watch that tomorrow. If y'all haven't seen either of these movies, you should definitely check them out! To hear the music, go to http://imeem.com. All you have to do is sign up, and you can listen to just about any song you can think - and it's free. It's pretty useful for me while I'm at work because I don't have to worry about bringing my laptop or iPod to listen to some sweet jams. Now if only I could find my own Mr. Darcy.....

2 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

Yeah...so this is like one of my favorite movies ever!!! I never grow tired of watching it! The music IS awesome and I just love it. I'm totally an Jane Austen fan. Sarah, have you seen the new Persuasion movie? I have it on my dvr, we should watch it the next time you come visit!

Erin said...

I can hear the piano tune in my mind as I read your post and I have probably not watched the movie for a year or so. It really is a great soundtrack and probably one of the very few I could call to memory like that. I love it when she sees Pemberly too.