Wednesday, July 23, 2008

iron man and spider-man



This past weekend Tim and I visited Becky and her family over in Hosford, Florida (my favorite place ever!). Jonathan turned 4 on Sunday and had a superhero themed party on Saturday. All the kids were supposed to come dressed up as their favorite superhero so I decided to buy an Iron Man shirt to wear. Of course I didn't think to do this until Wednesday night, so I paid a pretty penny to express mail it to Becky's so I would get it in time. Fortunately I got it Saturday morning, a few hours before the party started. When I first put it on, I thought, "This is so dorky, I paid all this money and I'm never going to wear this again". Well, it grew on me (not literally) and I've decided that I'm going to wear it in public, and not care if people think I'm some comic book junkie. I'm not one though, just in case y'all didn't know. I usually don't become fans of superheroes until I see their movies, like Iron Man. I never cared much for him until I heard he was going to be played by Robert Downey, Jr. and then I saw the movie twice and he's kinda my favorite now. Anyways, at least I'm not the only one in this family who's kind of obsessed with a particular superhero - even if that other person is only 4 years old (just in case you didn't know Jonathan wears his Spider-man costume every day). At least I don't parade around in this Iron Man get-up all the time.

1 comment:

Becky Shuler said...

Thank goodness you don't wear that costume every day! DORKY! I like your t-shirt. Thanks for coming to visit. Jonathan was really happy to have y'all there for his party!