Friday, July 11, 2008

figured i'd jump on the bandwagon...

i'm at work right now, and i'm bored. i've finished the book i was reading, checked my email, moseyed around facebook, and played one too many games of spider solitaire. there is only so much to do on the internet while trying to pass the time, so why not start a blog? everyone else is doing it. unfortunately, there really isn't much that i can do in starting this thing up but write because i don't have access to my pictures on my work computer. you're probably wondering, 'what kind of job is that, where you just play on the internet?'. i'll tell you - the perfect one. i get paid $11.50 an hour to sit here and do as i please, as long as i check the 'cycles' every fifteen mintues. this entails pulling up the ZEKE screen and making sure nothing says 'FAILED' to the side of it. if i do happen to spot a failure, i just have to call the the on-call tech person and they take it from there. so yeah, this job is as easy as pie, and i LOVE it. i'm here every monday and wednesday evening as well as every other friday night. i get here at 5 pm as everyone else is leaving and usually finish up around 11 or 12. so i have plenty of time to do as i please. sometimes i bring my laptop and watch movies, other times i watch tv shows on the internet, and i usually bring a book to read. most of the time i find some good music online and turn it up as i surf the net or play spider solitaire - which is truly addicting. i've been able to curb my cravings and i only allow myself to play a few games before i move on to 'movie time' or 'reading time'. one of my favorite things to do online is browse through wikipedia. either i look up something i've been curious about or i look at what all happened on this day and click on whatever peaks my interest.

anyways, i guess this blog will be a record of my doings as well as my thoughts on whatever interests me at the time. i know i don't have cute kids to post pictures of, and my meandering mind may not be that interesting to others, but i don't care. and that's that.

1 comment:

Becky Shuler said...

Way to go Sarah! I'm excited you have a blog now! You'll have to add pictures to it of you and your friends and such. Especially when football season gets kicked off.