Monday, September 29, 2008

false alarms

At one point while I was sleeping Thursday morning, I felt something scratching my feet. I remember thinking, "Why is Erica tickling my feet?". Later on I felt something crawl onto my shoulder and then jump off. When I woke up I realized Adam's devil cat Olivia had been biting my toes and using me as a launch pad whilst I slept on the kitchen floor. And people wonder why I hate cats. We decided to head to Erica's parents' in Destrehan to escape the heat so we packed up and hit the road. We had to bring Adam's other cat, Hercules, with us because Adam had to give him medicine twice a day. So of course I had to sit in the back of the car with 'Hurricane Herc' and pray that he wouldn't poop on me. I think this cat's mother ate crack when she was pregnant with him because he has some serious mental problems. He is deathly afraid of people, he's constantly twitching, and sometimes he's cross-eyed. Adam sure knows how to pick 'em! He is kinda cute though (he's a mix between a Siamese and a tabby).
Anyways we made it to Ms. Cindy's and we all took showers and then basked in the a/c. After supper we played card games and Blokus. After Mr. Rick went to bed we got a few calls from people who thought they had seen Pebbles so Ms. Cindy decided to drive up to Baton Rouge and look for her. At first she just wanted to go by herself but then she was kind of scared to so Erica said she would go, too. I was fine with staying there and watching a movie with Eli but Adam really wanted to go. They kept telling him no, because Pebbles wouldn't come to him anyways but he pulled the 'I'm a Marine, I can protect y'all' card so they conceded. Ms. Cindy told me that Mr. Rick would probably wake up around one and be really mad, and I was like, "Heck, I don't want to stay here, can I come with y'all, too?!" So I tagged along as well. Unfortunately, we looked for an hour and had no luck, so we headed back to D-han. While I was searching, I made a few more 'video diary entries'. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Heather Jacques Wood said...

I absolutely hate cats, too. The people I lived with in Switzerland had two terror cats that liked to bug me at night. I'd close the door, but they could open it by jumping up and hanging on the handle. One always liked to cuddle up with my pillow while I was gone--yuck. I don't think either of them had crack cat mothers, though.