Tuesday, September 23, 2008

fliers and floors

Adam, Erica, and I spent Wednesday making 'Lost Cat' fliers and taping them up everywhere. Remember we still didn't have power so we had to write out each flier by hand. I don't care for cats and Pebbles has no significance to me but I helped out because I would hope that Erica would do the same for me. And then there was the minor detail that I had absolutely nothing else to do. In the afternoon we went to Adam's and played Mexican Train from 12 to 0. It took us about 3 hours to finish the game, but it was fun and the best part was that we moved his kitchen table and laid on the cold tile floor. Now that felt good! We got a few calls about Pebbles so we looked for her for a while around our complex. Turns out there are two or three other cats that look very similar to her so it was just a big waste of time. When dusk came and the mosquitoes started coming out I headed inside to our apartment, where I had the brilliant idea to start a 'video diary', like what they have on reality shows. I've decided to post a few of my entries for y'all's viewing pleasure. Keep in mind that I'm kind of being silly but for real at the same time.

When Erica and Adam finally gave up looking for the cat Erica helped me clean out the fridge and freezer. It was kind of depressing to fill up three garbage bags with food. It smelled a little funky so we wiped everything down and left the doors open before we headed to Adam's. We decided to sleep on his floor because it was much cooler than sleeping in our second story apartment. JJ had charged the laptops at a friend's so we put on a movie - 'The Brothers Grimm'. Right at the most crucial, exciting moment, the laptop completely died. It was so dead we couldn't even get the DVD out to put it in another computer and finish it - so that was kind of lame. Fortunately Adam found a battery operated mini-fan in his other roommates truck (who had evacuated with his girlfriend and neglected to tell us it was there) so with that and the cold tile floors, we almost slept comfortably, temperature-wise. Just in case you didn't know, sleeping on a tile floor is not very comfortable, comfort-wise, so oh well. You win some, you lose some.

3 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

You were good to help out...what a kind friend. I have enjoyed reading your posts about the hurricane and seeing the videos. I'm so glad you got posted! We miss you, Aunt Sarah!

Erin said...

Did Pebbles ever come back? My favorite part was "morale is low". That did sound very reality show.

Sarah said...

nope, they still haven't found the dumb thing!