Saturday, September 20, 2008

the real party begins....

Ok, so where was I? Oh yeah, so the power went out around 11:30 am Monday. We spent the day watching the storm from our glass doors and playing lots of games. My favorite was Mexican Train, a dominoes game. I spent some time in my room talking on the phone and it was kind of freaky when I could feel the wall pushing against me because the wind was so strong. The wind and rain finally stopped around 5 or 6 and we walked around outside, surveying the damage. A lot of our shingles and siding came off and quite a few trees were down.We planned to have hot dogs for dinner and since the nice people downstairs already had their grill fired up, they cooked them for us. It was starting to get dark and hot so we lit all of our candles and opened our doors. Adam had brought his laptop (which still had some juice) so we turned on some jams. First we were listening to the classics, and the best part was when all eight of us were singing Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' at the top of our lungs (yes, I know every word to that song thanks to Ben - he gave me my first burned CD ever when I was like 13 and it was on there and I listened to over and over until I had it memorized). Then we decided to have a dance party out in the breezeway - I'm sure you can imagine how restless we were after being cooped up inside all day. It was so fun to *release our wiggles* and act a fool! Even Ms. Cindy joined in for a few songs! See if you can guess some of the songs we were dancing to.....We danced until the computer battery died, and by then we were all pretty worn out, too. It was so HOT!!! But fortunately I was so tired I fell right asleep and got in a full eight hours.

4 comments:

Erin said...

A hurricane dance part--sounds fun! Glad you got some pictures. It looks crazy.

Sarah said...

oh believe me, it was CRAZY!!

grammawood said...

I'm guessing you are dancing to #2 the twist, #3 the chicken and #5 My achey brakey heart or some other country song.

Sarah said...

good job momma!