Monday, September 29, 2008

finally!

After our midnight jaunt to the Red Stick (literal translation of Baton Rouge in case you didn't know), we all slept in pretty late Friday morning. We didn't eat breakfast until about noon! I made biscuits, Adam made bacon, Erica made eggs, and Ms. Cindy made grits, and we ate good! Erica and Adam and I finally finished the movie we had started a few days before, and then I did homework while they cleaned up outside. Poor Ms. Cindy's fridge broke (a day after she had just restocked it) so Erica and I went out hunting for ice. We were able to find some at Winn-Dixie, our second stop. The lines weren't too bad and there were National Guardsmen at the door. Fortunately the neighbors let Ms. Cindy put most of her stuff in their fridge so she was able to salvage everything. Erica and Adam and I played cribbage and then we had grilled hamburgers for supper. We finally got that blessed phone call from JJ telling us our power was back on for real this time. So we packed everything up and headed home. I spent the next few hours cleaning, doing laundry, vacuuming, scrubbing everything, and spraying air freshener all over the place. You have no idea how amazing it was to sleep in my own bed, with the fan going and the a/c on........ Here are the last of my 'video diary entries'. The first are two are when I was waiting for Adam and Erica to finish packing so we could go home and the last is a wrap-up.

No comments: